Adoption Support for Families and Children (ASFC) is a voluntary, non-profit organisation whose membership is made up of prospective adoptive parents (PAPs), adoptive families both Intercountry and local and adult adoptees.
PO Box 122
Subiaco, Western Australia 6904
Telephone: (08) 9489 4008
Facsimile: (08) 9489 4062
ASFC aims to:
- Aid, assist and support prospective and post adoptive families in WA.
- Provide information regarding adoption with approved countries with whom Australia has agreements.
- Produce a bimonthly newsletter for members.
- Promote networking support between our members through a variety of social activities such as playgroups, coffee evenings, picnics, cultural celebrations etc.
- Provide educational opportunities for members to discuss and learn about adoption and parenting issues.
- Liaise and lobby with local, national and overseas adoption organizations.
- Provide child sponsorship programmes in various overseas countries.
- Provide aid to overseas children’s organisations to help in the relief of poverty.
- Work for the improvement of W.A. practices and polices regarding Intercountry adoption.